Monday, June 25, 2007

Sivaji Review

Saw Sivaji last weekend at PVR in Bangalore. I paid a premium price for the tickets just because it had Rajini in it and I could not wait any further. I was very eager from the moment my friend had the tickets confirmed. The hype that the media had generated and the reputation of the technicians involved in the film added to my expectations.

Now to the review ( I assure you that there are no spoilers in this). The film starts off very well (in typical Shankar style). But fails to keep us locked through the first half. Its pretty draggy, and you feel things are boring and overdone at certain places. The film gathers momentum towards the intermission, and the second half rushes through. The grandeur, colours and the SuperStar's makeup leaves you enthralled. When I came out of the theatre, I could see a disappointment on my friend's face. I too was not satisfied.

You can watch it only for the Super Star.
Shankar has concentrated more on Picturisation and Cinematography. I guess some more work on the story line/Screenplay could have fulfilled fans like me. The screenplay lacks depth unlike Indian , Gentleman or Mudhalvan.

Folks, watch the film. But definitely NOT at a premium rate.


Strengths:

  • Super Star
  • Grandeur

Weakness:

  • Dragging First Half
  • Weak story line and screenplay

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home