Friday, July 21, 2006

Malgudi Days - 2

Read an article on rediff.com about Malgudi Days-2 being aired on DoorDarshan. Could nt help getting into nostalgia . Just love those days when I used to watch Malgudi Days -1 on Doordarshan. I was in school then. We had short stories by RK Narayan in our English text books too. I just love his stories. They are simple, down to earth, and touch your heart. The characters are easy to relate with and identifiable in real life. And the Malgudi Days serial on DD was simply great. Even the thought of it makes me happy and takes me back to my school days and my own village where I spent my holidays with my grand parents.

Malgudi Days -1 was very very popular those days. The cartoons, the characters, the actors and the music - will never be able to forget any of em. It was retelecasted when I was out of college. I did not know that it was being retelecasted and luckily watched an episode on a weekend (nowadays hardly ppl. in city watch DD :-( ). I was glued to my seat. I always will when I would watch em again. They are always fresh and they will always be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home